First off, our best advice would be to only bring what you really need - however you arrive, you'll inevitably have to carry your stuff a fair distance to where you camp. And as part of our Love The Farm, Leave No Trace campaign we'd definitely encourage you to only bring things which you can take home - and that includes your tent. In fact, we'd be very grateful if you could leave as little behind as possible, please. Thanks.
What to bring
- Tent (lines/poles/groundsheet/pegs)
- Sleeping mat/sleeping bag/duvet/pillow
- Wellies or sturdy boots
- Waterproof coat and over trousers
- Enough changes of clothes in case you get wet
- Spectacles/contacts and solution
- Ear plugs/cotton wool
- Toiletries (toothbrush/paste, tampons, shaving items, biodegradable wet wipes)
- Sun cream/oil
- A reusable water bottle, to fill up from the free taps on site
- Radio (WorthyFM 87.7 Fm)
- Torch/batteries/bulbs (spares)
- Mobile phone
- Mark valuables with house number & postcode
- Medications (prescriptions/inhalers/chemist sundries)
- Medical info (allergies etc)
- Next of kin notification
- Personal I.D./travel ticket(s)
- Festival Ticket!
- Driving licence (ideally with up to date address, so it - and anything with it - can be posted back to you if lost)
- A warm sweater (it can get cold - particularly if it's wet)
- Clean clothes to go home in
- Bags (for dirty clothing and footwear)
And if you forget to bring any essential kit, don't worry, there are several camping accessory stalls that sell everything from tents to sleeping bags, blankets to batteries, plastic undersheets to torches.
What not to bring
- Please do not bring gazebos - they take up valuable tent space in the campsites (and there are so many more exciting places to have a sit down with your friends). Plus, an awful lot of them get left behind. We'd also rather you didn't put tape around your enclosure of tents, please. It makes it harder for other people to get to their tents.
- Toilet roll - as Nouvelle is supplying 100,000 free toilet rolls from Information Points and Property Lock-ups at the 2011 Festival
- Only food and alcohol for personal consumption can be brought into the site.
- Please don’t bring any glass bottles. They are dangerous and will be confiscated.
- You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner - which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted.
- NO animals (except registered guide dogs), sound systems, generators, sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares, large fires or burning of plastic will be allowed on site.
- Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated. No unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment are allowed onsite. Cameras for personal use are welcome.
- Sound systems.