In the run up to this year's Festival, we're hoping to shine a light on some of the Festival's best-kept secrets. We begin with the news that the Rocket Lounge and Restaurant is returning to this year's Festival after a break of five years. This legendary guerrilla restaurant, which has now found a home in Shangri-La, is renowned for its uber-high quality food and indulgent approach to hedonism.
It's by no means the cheapest food option at the Festival, but if you're looking to push the boat out, this could be the place to push it to!
The kitchen is run by Head Chef Chris Gillard, moonlighting from the Michelin-starred St Johns’ restaurant in London. The cocktails are by mixologists to the stars, the SoulShakers. The stage is by the infamous Gaz Mayall from Gazs’ Rockin Blues. And their menu is looking like this...
Rocket Lounge & Restaurant Menu 2010
- Salt Pollack, Slow Roast Vine Tomato & Little Gem Salad
- Baby Carrots, Radishes, Green Beans & Boiled Egg, dressed with Vinaigrette
- Soused Mackerel, Pink Fir Apple Potato & Baby Spinach
- Fresh Broad Beans, Berkswell Cheese & Rocket Salad
- Pork & Rabbit Terrine with Cornichons
- Potted Beef, Pickled Beetroot & Watercress
- Cornish Octopus Braised with Fino Sherry, Red Onion & Chickpeas
- Braised Wild Rabbit with Bacon Mustard & Crème Fraiche
- Griddled Ox Heart, Chard & Anchovy
- Vincigrassi, Truffled Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna
- Roast Hake, Saffron Courgettes & Butterbeans
- Roast Wood Pigeon & Puy Lentils
- Braised Lamb Shoulder, Carrots and Aioli
- Lamb Sweetbreads Sauté, with Peas, Bacon & fresh Mint
- Barrel Aged Fetta Cheese & Cous Cous Deluxe, with Roasted Spiced Vegetables
- Lobster with Cucumber, Samphire & Mayonnaise (£10 supplement)
- 18th Century, Peach & Amontillado Sherry Trifle
- Chocolate & Armagnac Terrine with Fresh Cherries
- Raspberry Parfait
- Walnut Treacle Tart & Crème Fraiche
The restaurant is open from Wednesday to Saturday (as below). Booking is advised - to make a reservation please call them on 07971 138 503 or email. 10/5 UPDATE: We've now heard that the restaurant is FULLY BOOKED for the whole weekend (including the reserves list) - they've asked us to pass on their thanks to everyone for all the interest.
Wednesday 6pm first sitting, 8.45 second sitting FULLY BOOKED
Thursday 6pm only sitting FULLY BOOKED
Friday 6pm first sitting, 8.45 second sitting FULLY BOOKED
Saturday 6pm only sitting FULLY BOOKED